Competition Rules - Terms and Conditions
YOU EAT, WE TREAT VOUCHER BOOK (“COMPETITION”)
COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS (“T’s & C’s”)
Date these T’s and C’s were first published: 1 December 2019. Date these T’s and C’s were last changed: N/A
These Competition T’s & C’s, as may be amended from time to time, explain your rights and duties in respect of the Competition. If you take part in this Competition and/or accept any prize, these T’s and C’s will apply to you. Please read the T’s and C’s carefully, and pay special attention to all the terms printed in bold.
Competition name: You Eat, We Treat Voucher Book SMS Competition
This Competition is conducted and organized by Greenstone Shopping Centre (“Mall”) and offered by Sasol Pension Fund (“Landlord”). In these T’s & C’s we refer to the above promoter(s) as “the Landlord” and the entrants as “the Participant(s)” or “you”.
Who may enter the Competition?”
To enter the Competition, a Participant must be in possession of a valid South African identity document and a minimum age of 18 years old. You can only participate in the SMS Competition if you have a mobile phone device.
Who cannot enter the Competition?
The Competition may not be entered into by any director, member, partner, employee, agent, consultant, tenant of the Landlord at the Mall, the marketing service providers and/or any person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by these entities, including their spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members.
The Competition runs from 1 December 2019 until 31 December 2019 (“Competition Period”).
Any entries received outside of the Competition Period will not be taken into consideration.
How to enter?
To enter the Competition, a Participant will be required to:
• SMS (text) your suburb to 37759. R1.50 per entry.
• Retain the shop receipt as proof.
Upon compliance with i), as the case may be, a Participant will automatically be deemed to have entered the Competition.
Limitation on entries
A Participant may enter as many times as he/she wishes during the Competition Period, but can only win once.
How will the Winner/s be selected?
The Landlord will pick 1 (one) winner (“Winner”) through a random draw generated by an electronic system.
Winner announced on:
Winner to be announced 31 January 2020
The Winner will win a Greenstone Shopping Centre gift voucher (“Participating Merchant”) voucher to the value of R 500.00 (Five Hundred Rand), subject to the terms and conditions imposed by the Participating Merchant. The Landlord cannot guarantee the performance of the Participating Merchant and will not be liable for any act or default by the Participating Merchant.
The prize are not transferable and will not be changed or deferred for any reason whatsoever.
How will the Winner/s be informed?
The Landlord will use all reasonable efforts to contact the Winner during Trading Hours either telephonically, via SMS or via email on the contact number or email address provided by the Winner in respect of the database of the Mall.
If the Landlord is unable to contact or reach the Winner, the entry by that person will be disqualified and a further random drawing will be conducted by the Landlord to determine another Winner. That Winner will also be contacted by the Landlord via email, telephonically or via SMS, as soon as reasonably practicable.
Upliftment of prizes
All Winners must collect their prizes in person, from Greenstone Shopping Centre during Working Hours from 1 January 2020 until 31 March 2020.
• Winners will need to present a valid South African identity document.
Participants are fully aware that in order for the Landlord to offer the Competition, the Landlord may collect and use personal information of the Participants. The personal information may include but is in no way limited to a Participant’s :
• First name and surname;
• Physical address;
• Email address;
• Mobile number; and/or
• Images/ photographs.
Personal information which a Participant provides to the Landlord when entering the Competition, may, subject to prevailing law, be used for future marketing activity by the Landlord, unless the Participant duly notifies the Landlord that he/she wishes to opt out of receiving such marketing communications. The Landlord warrants that the personal information will be treated in a confidential manner and will not be shared with any unauthorised third parties. The Landlord will disclose the personal information only if required to do so by law.
Platform where these T’s & C’s can be found:
For the duration of the Competition Period, a copy of these T’s and C’s can, at no cost -
4.1.1 be found on the following link
4.1.2 be requested telephonically on telephone number
+27 82 562 6895.
• The Landlord reserves the right to terminate the Competition with immediate effect before the end of the Competition Period at any time, if deemed necessary in its sole discretion or if circumstances arise outside of its control. No Participant will have any claim against the Landlord for such a termination.
• The Landlord shall not be responsible for any loss or misdirected entries, including but not limited to entries entries that were not received due to any failure of hardware, software, or other computer or technical systems affecting participating in the Competition.
• Participation in the Competition constitutes automatic acceptance of the T’s and C’s contained herein and the Participant agrees to abide by the T’s and C’s.
• Winners may not win any Mall Competition more than once in a 30-day period. Any winners drawn who have won in the last 30 days will be disqualified from any such Competition and another winner will be drawn.
• All Winners in respect of the Competition may be requested to be photographed so that their photographs may be used for future promotional purposes in relation to the Mall. Promoting platforms will include the Mall Facebook page, website page and shopping centre retail industry publications. No fees will be payable in this regard. The Winners will be given the opportunity to decline the publication of their images.
• The Landlord does not make any representations or give any warranties, whether express or implicit, that the Participant’s participation in this Competition will necessarily result in the Participant winning a prize or that the aforesaid Prizes will meet the Participant’s unique requirements, preferences, standards or expectations.
• To the extent permissible in law, the Landlord is not responsible and cannot be held liable for any accident, injury, harm, death, loss or damages of whatsoever nature, howsoever arising, as a result of the Participant’s participation in this Competition, unless the Landlord acted fraudulently or with gross negligence.
• Participants are obliged to comply with all applicable laws, including those laws protecting the intellectual property rights of other parties.
• These T’s and C’s will be construed, interpreted and enforced in terms of South African law.
• The Landlord will make a final and binding decision in respect of all matters relating to the results, qualifiers and disputes relating to the Competition, and no correspondence will be entered into.
• R1.50 per entry.
• All prices include VAT.
• The promoter is not liable for the failure of any technical element relating to this promotional competition that may result in an entry not being successfully submitted.
• Entries which are unclear, illegible or contain errors will be declared invalid.
• Compatible with all mobile handsets and available to all Mobile Network Operators. Network fees may apply.
• Errors are billed.
• This service must be used with the permission of the bill-payer.
• This service must only be used with the permission of a parent or guardian (if applicable).
• This service must not be used to intentionally engage in illegal conduct, to knowingly create, store or disseminate any illegal content, to knowingly infringe copyright, to knowingly infringe any intellectual property rights, or to send spam or promote the sending of spam.
• The SMS Number 40732 is managed by Smartcall Technology Solutions (Pty) Ltd. Smartcall Technology Solutions (Pty) Ltd is a member of WASPA and is bound by the WASPA Code of Conduct. Customers have the right to approach WASPA to lodge a complaint in accordance with the WASPA complaints procedure. Smartcall Technology Solutions (Pty) Ltd may be required to share information relating to a service or a customer with WASPA for the purpose of resolving a complaint. WASPA web site: www.waspa.org.za.
• The WASPA member has the right to suspend or terminate the services of any customer who does not comply with these terms and conditions or any other related contractual obligations.
• The WASPA member has the right to take down any content (hosted as part of the service) that it considers illegal or for which it has received a take-down notice.
Amendment of T’s and C’s
If considered necessary, the Landlord reserves the right to amend the T’s and C’s by providing reasonable prior notice.
Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Competition are to be directed to:
Name: Jacqui Bloom (Marketing Manager)
Telephone: 011 524-0445
GREENSTONE SHOPPING CENTRE : MAKE A WISH CAMPAIGN ACTIVATION 2019 : T&C’S APPLY
For the activation period 12 – 23 Dec, one winner will be randomly selected per day and contacted telephonically on the same day. The Winner will receive a Greenstone Shopping Centre gift card to the value of R 1 000 towards making their wish come true.
Only the winner may collect the gift card and must show proof of identification. The winner will have until the end of December to collect their gift voucher or they will forfeit the prize.
* This competition is not open to employees of any store within Greenstone Shopping Centre or their immediate families, or to anyone promoting the campaign.